TOTAL PAGE VIEWS

Sunday, August 4, 2013

JC PENNEY V MARTHA STEWART LIVING AND MACY'S by Aggie Kenny


I had a challenging day in court on my assignment to draw final arguments in
the drawn out Macy's suit vs J.C Penney & Co. and Martha Stewart Living.
I drew and painted 2 scenes of  the attorneys for JCPenney and MSLO. There
ensued a bench conference after which the clerk informed me that I was
the topic.
Martha Stewart Living Attorney Eric Seiler giving closing statement



Theodore Grossman( above) had complained that he was having an
allergic reaction to my art materials. I was taken aback because I use 
watercolor, water, pen and pencil. Grossman approached me and 
apologetically insisted that I sit in the farthest reaches of the courtroom 
and refrain from painting. 

So after that, I could only draw  in the courtroom, and then painted the pictures outside in the hallway. AK


From the New York Post story:
Blame Martha!
JCPenney, whose 2011 merchandising deal with Martha Stewart led to a 19-month legal battle with rival Macy’s, hinted strongly yesterday that Stewart’s company was responsible for the long-running contract spat.
Link 
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/martha_gets_sullied_vyNzwW44zTOAx0c6Y3ilZK



No comments:

Post a Comment